Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A hitch in my git-along



I took a short trip to Seattle to see my friend Michael.  While I was there I saw some shows and did some recording at his Empty Sea studio.  While we were taking a short motorcycle trip on Orcas Island, I dropped his 400+ pound Triumph Bonneville on my foot.  The bike was mostly fine (just one bent turn signal and shifter), but it was sad because it was such a beautiful ride and the rest of our day was spent finding a clinic, getting x-rays, and waiting for the ferry back to Seattle.

Anyway, since then I have had a limp.  When I got back to my carrel in the library, I was going through the calendar of folksy sayings that Alex gave me and this one really fit the bill.

2 comments:

  1. limp = no fracture? You know I don't like those things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah ... the result was a lot of bruising and swelling but only a tiny fracture on two of my metatarsals. So no cast or anything, just annoying limp and some pain ...

    ReplyDelete